Friday, May 11, 2007

Update- Almost 4 weeks out

Well, I knew I would end up being lazy about the journal, but at least I'm here now!
Since I last posted, I've lost quite a bit more weight. Eating has become touch and go. I'm on solids now.. but I have to take teeny tiny bites and chew chew chew! I've had a few PB's (Productive Burp), which is interesting and yet not as unenjoyable (but not ENJOYABLE) as I imagined they would be. If I eat too fast or don't chew well enough, or if some food just doesn't fit in the band, it gets 'stuck'. I feel a swell in my chest and I get panicky. Each time I've done the wrong thing, but it's an instinct. I grab water and guzzle. Within a couple seconds, it all just 'comes up' in a burp. There's no pain or heaving like with throwing up, it just kind of.. comes out and I have to spit the water/food/spit into the toilet or whatever is handy that is trash. The 3 things I've done this on so far- pinky nail size bite of a subway sandwhich, a big spoon of sugar free pudding, and noodles from a chinese restaurant.

I started pre-op at 333lbs.. I lost about 6lbs pre-op (I didn't write the numbers down-silly me!!).. And I am at 304lb right now!!!! I haven't been in 200lbs in a while and here I am knocking on the door. Haven't been in 100lbs since I was 10.. that will be an eventful time.
My first mini-goal is to fit into some sexy jeans I bought last year sometime when I was 290lb. They were my size, but the size was WAY too small, so I couldn't even struggle myself into them. I never got rid of them because I liked them so much. So, I'm hoping by the end of August I can squeeze into my sexy jeans.
Why August? Well let me tell you! :)
When me and boyfriend were together 4 years ago, we both loved the band Incubus. They had a lot of 'our songs', and they are a great band. Well, we lived in Nashville at the time and Incubus was coming, so he got us tickets to go. We broke up right before the concert, so he went without me. We got back together shortly after and are now engaged to be married this December.. and ever since, I've given him grief about how I never got to see Incubus!
So he told me a couple weeks ago, Incubus is coming to Atlanta in August.. it's only 3.5 hours from here. So he wants to take me. Now, if that wasn't great enough... we started looking online for tickets- but they weren't for sale yet. I've been checking daily, I wanted to go all out and get GOOD seats. The venue is outdoor arena kind of thing. Today I finally noticed general admission and lawn (which is very very back, but sounds like it should be front) are for sale.. and some row which is way off to the side in the back. GA and lawn are 50-80 bucks.. the row off to the side is 200 a person.. pfffff!!!
I check e-bay daily too for the good seats.. nothing this morning. After lunch I looked again.. for whatever reason.. and there they were.
2 VIP seats in a boxsuite, with personal waitress, bathroom, some VIP lounge access (Not that we plan to go over there, we're going to be enjoying the concert!), and VIP parking.. for $395. Cheaper than the weird off to the row seats. And the boxsuit is CENTER STAGE!!!!
Talked to fiance and we called the e-bay seller to make sure the tickets are what they sound like.. it was all a go, and we bought them! Then we reserved a hotel for some neat mediterranean looking hotel near the airport. It's going to be awesome... and that brings me back to, please oh please oh please let me fit into those sexy jeans by the end of August.. is that really too much to ask?

This past Wednesday I went to see my doctor, drove all the way there (with my mom), in hopes to get a fill. Someone thought I'd likely be able to get one, so they set up all the fill stuff.. Then when he came in he felt my stomach and said I'm still swollen (I think he used the word edema), and he wants to wait till June 6. I told him how my restriction is not as comforting as it was right after surgery, the swelling feels like it's gone down and I get hungry a lot more often than I was.. and it makes me a little scared. So, he said 'ONLY until the first fill, I will give you diet pills to help with the hunger'. That works!! So my official fill will be June 6th, and I'm taking phen--something until then. They work awesome so far.
I will try to keep this updated!!!

No comments: