Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby Carson

Ok, well I guess I should explain how it all came about!
Russell was there for the ultrasound, and when it came to finding out the sex the tech told him to cover his eyes--which he did. I stared intently at the screen waiting for her to type it out. She did-- It's a boy!
I couldn't stop grinning after that, I did want a girl but only because of the cute stuff.. Healthy is what I'm really after, and healthy he is!
We were leaving and Russell said "The tech said "It's a boy" when she was typing it". What?!? I didn't even notice. I kept trying to confuse him, which I think worked. To this day I make a comment daily that makes it seem like a girl.. and then another where it seems like a boy. My parents wanted to get us a car seat/stroller/swing for Christmas. Since he didn't want to know the sex, it meant gender neutral or he doesn't see what we get for Christmas. I told him he's really putting a damper in things, people want to know the sex and family wants to be able to buy stuff.. Heck, I don't want a bunch of unisex stuff at the baby shower!! So I convinced him to let me tell him.
So I bought a footed set (onesie, jumper? Still learning terminology) that looks like a blue baseball uniform, complete with what looks like cleats on the feet! It says "Daddy's All Star" (and then a small stamp that says "Property of mom" hehe)..So I wrapped that and it's under the Christmas tree from Nattie-Carson, I told him he will open that first on Christmas morning and find out. Glad he let me talk him into it. I know he's a little disappointed, but I want to shop!!!
I bought the nursery set, and fell in love with a discontinued line (of course I did!) Kidsline's Silver Lining, but I was able to find most accessories on E-bay.. only things I couldn't find are wall-hangings & the mobile. But, I found a mobile that will match, and I made my own wall-hangings with an extra curtain from the set. You can see the set & hangings I made on the baby's website!

If anyone is interested, I think Lane Bryant has the best bras, despite not being able to wear their clothes anymore.. and my bra size is going up so last night I went to order some online.. they are having a Buy 2 Get 2 Free sale.. and then on top of that I found online codes for $50 off $150, etc.. I ended up paying $120 for 8 bras! Woot.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Congratulations on the baby front! It is such an exciting journey.

I love reading your blog, and I also love how it plays a song automatically as I am reading. I can't figure out how to do that on my blog. Could you let me know please?

Thanks very much,
Tracey

christines iphone said...

YAY! that's a great way to tell him!!!

i agree, gender neutral is not as much fun. so glad you found your bedding. still looking for mine. :(

let us know how it goes!

Angelyco said...

I'm still alive! Sorry I haven't been around! I'm so happy that things are going well with the baby :)

Also, I agree about Lane Bryant's bras...I refuse to wear them from anywhere else.