Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gobble, Gobble!

How was everyone's Turkey day?
Mine was pretty good! The in-laws came early to our house from Tennessee, then we went to my granny's. I was picking at food while we waited, and a deviled egg caught my eye. I took 1/3 bite of it and didn't chew at all (old habit, I never use to chew food when I got hungry), so I swallowed it whole and immediately felt it clog me up. Ran and spit it up. Yum!
But then, somehow, I was able to eat a LOT of food. I take a sampling of everything and taste it, but I was able to eat all my samples, plus 2 whole pickled eggs my MIL brought(man they are sooo weird, and good). Eggs pickled in beet juice. Plus some dark meat turkey & ham. I blame the gravy, I put gravy on 3/4 of everything. I knew my band was letting me eat it, so I tried to be conscious of being 'full' (not satisfied, because it's Thanksgiving and I like food!). Well I missed it. Shame on me, that's what I get. I got this HORRIBLE pain in my left shoulder, like I dislocated it. I vaguely remember people on the forum talking about this pain. I googled it, and it said your diaphragm nerves are in your left shoulder (how interesting is that?) so, I assume that's what it was. I felt it after lunch a few days prior at work and it went away after an hour or so. This bad boy wouldn't stop. I laid in my granny's bed for about 30 minutes, then became a party pooper. Russell & I went home, and his parents left straight from there back to TN.

I'm still waiting for my dad to e-mail me the pics from Thanksgiving, I'm sure they won't be flattering, he took every one of them while we were eating.
Ever since Thanksgiving I feel heavy and uncomfortable, and one morning while rubbing my aching belly I realized.. it's very firm and there's a baby in there, and it's becoming known. Maybe it packed on some weight from my Turkey binge hah hah. I slept a lot on the 4 day weekend, 2 days I slept all day long, then slept during the night too. I would wake up with my belly uncomfortable, so I'm trying to figure out how to sleep to accomodate the baby violet.

I guess that's it.. well I could probably think of more, but it's 5pm which means I'm going home!

1 comment:

christines iphone said...

ahh, sorry about the shoulder pain! ick..

good luck with the whole 'sleeping'... (HAHAHA!!!) for me, it's either "left side" or "right side"... my shoulders and hips just ache in the morning from sleeping. i try to sneak a few minutes kinda on my side/tummy and Joshua just kicks the crap out of me... so that lasts about 2-3 minutes.