Friday, September 12, 2008

Baby Time

Went to the ultrasound yesterday, I was extremely anxious and nervous. I think my hands were even shaking a little. I was a bit surprised when she said they were doing the internal ultrasound, but I tried to (as cool-y as I could) ask why they do that instead of the belly one. I didn't listen to the answer because she was already getting it going, and I was dying to see it on the screen and know it's really there.

I have no indication I am pregnant, so I kept thinking about all the what-ifs. I even spilled them out onto the poor ultrasound technician. I know they can't technically declare anything, so I prefaced my question with that and said "But does it look normal & healthy?". She said it does.

So here we have (it)..


My baby is on youtube at only 8 weeks! I didn't know my doctor did the 3d images either, so that was a cool bonus.

My lil' Alien!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That's so cool!!! I wish they had 3D when I was pregnant.

I still have the ultrasound pictures of my babies. My first daughter was sucking her thumb in my womb. I still haven't broken her of the habit - LOL...though now she only does it when she is tired at bedtime.

Eckmama said...

That was awesome! They do the internal ultrasound at your first appointment because your uterus and the baby haven't grown enough for them to be able to see anything from the outside. Hooray for a heartbeat and seeing that there really is someone in there! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations, darlin'!

I got 3D ultrasound pics of my first grandchild from my son and daughter-in-law and was just astonished at the quality.

Good luck, congratulations, and many bright blessing to you and your family!

www.fatgirlslim.com.au said...

Hey! Congratulations! You must be so excited/scared/nervous/EXCITED!!!

I am also 24, my highest weight was 148.9kg / 328lb - and am in the process of all my pre-lapband appointments - due to be banded in about mid-November (can't wait!)

I stumbled accross your blog - and must say, have found it hugely inspiring - you look amazing!

Love to stay in touch!

L xo