Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sushi, Furniture, And HAIR oh my!



Oh and cutsie dog stores too.


Last night I went to dinner with my mom & uncle. We went to this new hibachi restaurant about a mile from our house. That's pretty exciting, the nearest one since this one is about 20 minutes away.


First, next door to the restaurant was a Pet Boutique. A pet boutique, like I've only read about in People magazine about the NYC & LA crowd.. the places, I can't believe exist!!! It looked like a baby store walking in. 100's of costumes & tiny clothing.. a display case with REAL DIAMOND chokers.. strollers, hand-sewn quilts & pillows.. for dogs.. and cats. Then where the register was, they had a display case of hand-made gourmet "cookies & candies" for dogs. They had boxes wrapped with petit fours, and little shaped cookies with hand-piping. $4 a cookie. Mmmhm. I wouldn't even pay that much for a cookie--for ME. The lady came out, I asked if she was the owner (she was), so I asked if she made the cookies.. she said no, but she does make the birthday cakes. Apparently you can order your dog's birthday cake there, since you know, it's so hard to find a good dog food to feed them on their birthday. Just wow, I don't see that store lasting long here.




The hibachi was not that great, but their sushi.. YUM. I ordered cooked sushi, the tempura shrimp rolls & california rolls. My uncle on the other hand, ordered a ridiculous amount of about 10 different things--that filled up our table. One was a mango-lobster roll (fully cooked). I hate peaches/mangos.. but I tried it, and I have to say it was pretty good. Then he had a lot of raw stuff, which I don't eat anyway--but I definitely am not going to eat it with a lil' one in the oven.
The waitress was pushy, she kept asking me why I wouldn't try it, then she insists I try it (with her standing there), and wouldn't take no for an answer.. I had to get a little rude about it.




Then we walked to a furniture store on the strip. A hoighty toighty furniture store.. which was closed at the time. The stuff in there was gorgeous, and things I can only pretend I'd ever own!! But before all that, my mom promised me their coffee tables & end tables, when they one day get new ones.. which they've been 'looking' for years. I am tired of waiting, I hate mine and I gotta get new ones. She picked some out she liked, but I knew she didn't really like them, so I had told her she needs to just tell me she's not getting new ones--so I can go buy me new ones. Well this hoighty toighty store had just what she was looking for (YAY).. they were elaborate metal bases with a slab of granite on top. So she's going back to get them, and woohoo I get her hand-me-down ones!




When we got back to my house, my Jessica Simpson hair extensions came in. A co-worker said she has a friend who has them, and they looked great. I USE to have really long thick thick hair (before age 16). I miss it. So I have contemplated extensions for a long time, but I can't justify the cost for the good ones, and the cheapy ones look bad.. so I thought! The Jessica Simpson ones were around $60, and I love it! They clip into the base of your hair.. Ta-da:


1 comment:

Leslie said...

I have those extensions in wavy. I got the long one's - 22" I think??? and the short ones. Now that my hair is really short I haven't tried them again. I love mine. They're awesome! :-)