Friday, May 9, 2008

Alas Tooth, I Knew Thee Well

I have a lot of random things to post today, and on pain meds, so kiddies this should be fun!!

This morning I went to have a back tooth removed. My jaw is small so I have issues with back teeth, they already took one out. I told them please knock me out, I hate being aware when they do those things. So dentist, nurse, and anesthesiologist are in the room and I brought up the news article I read 2 weeks ago about the lady who was put to sleep for oral surgery and they forgot about her and she woke up in the middle of the night freaking out. We were all laughing and next thing I know I wake up. I guess I was annoying them! Russell drove me home, we got my pain meds on the way. I feel great, I can't believe it. This guy rocks. Unless I bite down on the gauze, I don't even notice it.

The human remains found near our house, are in national news right now. Because of Nancy Grace. Some reason (makes NO sense) the other night on her show, she says she thinks the remains are probably Stacey Peterson, the cop's wife in Chicago that is missing. Why? No idea. They don't know anything about the body, male, female, etc. But to stir up news, she said that. So now CNN & Fox are all over the area.

If you watched Survivor.. can..you..believe...it. Ozzie's face when Erik gave up the necklace was priceless. Poor young, naive, ice-cream scoopin' kid. My husband knew at 21 that women are evil.. this kid must not have ever had a girlfriend, the only thing I could come up with to explain his stupidity. And then James standing up and saying "I'm finally not the dumbest survivor ever!!" and the girls LAUGHED at him, if I was them I'd feel so bad, I'd probably cry a little.

Everyone ready for mom's day? I ordered flowers she should be getting any minute now, and then my brother called yesterday, he and my sister decided we should go in on something.. and I should handle it because I'm better at those things. So during lunch break me and husband went to the mall. My husband is like a kid in those situations. A bored kid in the mall with his mom. He kept huffing, pacing, staring, picking at things, then when I'd say "Knock it off" he'd go "But I'm booooored". He did the same thing at the dentist this morning, they were running behind and I had to hear how put-out he was that he's having to sit there. Like I didn't?
Anyway, so we went to Belk's and I asked to see some necklaces, they were having a mom's day sale. Everything was $400+ 'originally', I hate how you can't just see the price without having them bring it out and try to sell it on you. So I finally said, my budget is $100, I want something ornate and not flashy. I saw this really cute ornate gold ring, with tiny diamond chips in it. My mom needs a new thumb ring (currently wearing an old pewter one I had in high school). It would look great as a thumb ring. I ask to see it (and the price) and it's like $350. I said, nope.. so she plays on her calculator talking about "I can take it down to $180!" and she's very proud of herself. I didn't budge, I said "My limit is still $100, I'm going in with siblings and can't change how much we spend". So she plays with her calculator and it's a miracle! She can sell it for $90. Mmmhm. I don't haggle, or like to haggle, I say yes or no. I don't counter offer, or except prices to go down. But I will say no and stick to it, if it's not what I wanted, so it works sometimes. So, got the ring for $90.

Pain killers knocking me out, guess I'll have more random thoughts later!

No comments: