Thursday, May 1, 2008

Meeting My Violet Sistahs!

I am so stoked!!! On Lap Band Talk, if you're from there, you know about the monthly groups.. Well our group, the Shrinking Violets (April '07- mostly) have planned a trip. The planning started out rocky, but we actually pulled it together. We finalized plans in January I guess, and we're going in May.. and today is a day in May! That means we're almost there! I am so excited!!

These ladies have become so important to me, I feel like I've known them forever. I don't think I'd have stuck with my band so.. patiently (for the most part!) if I didn't have them to lean on.
We're going to Gruene, TX. Why you may ask? Everyone else asks me that, so you may be wondering too. Frankly, I forget how it was officially picked out, maybe because there's a lot of the V's in Texas and they suggested a good touristy place. But they have TUBING (I love me some tubing), and we're going to do a Tex-Mex eatin', and.. Riverwalk shopping. I hope we are going to the Alamo too, it was mentioned but I'm not sure if it was pushed to the wayside. Lots of fun & relaxation with a big group of funny girls. Margaritas won't hurt either!

Ok, just realized how close the trip is, so I had to make a post about them! I guarantee some fun pictures when I get back. We leave May 16th, and wouldn't you know my last semester starts the day I get back (at 10pm), so it's going to be one of those days. Hopefully, I'll be loaded enough by then!

Oh one more thing, if you watch the Kentucky Derby, hope you enjoy it as much as I will!!

No comments: