Friday, August 22, 2008

Something Afoot

I have been slightly too tight since my last fill, but I could work through it. A week ago it became SUPER tight, where no solid shall pass my band! I called to get an unfill and my doctor's office--who I usually can GUSH about their promptness and friendliness--said they "Couldn't get me in until..." gah.. I hate those words from a doctor's office. Sept. 8! That sucks. I guess his practice is picking up or something. So I called a local lap-band doctor, who was at the hospital when they thought I had appendicitis (they wanted a WLS doctor present in case they had to operate). He was trying to sway me to come get fills from him, but I love my doctor so I wasn't interested. Now in my time of need, decided to give him a call. Despite being open, I got a voicemail on both nurse & reception line. I left a voicemail that I had an emergency and couldn't eat and needed an unfill. This was Tuesday AM. Well, it wasn't until TODAY that they called me back. She said "We will need you to do the pre-op interview, for $250 first..." (yes, she knows I'm banded) "It's mandatory".. give me a break. Then she tells me the outrageous fill price, and I have to cut her off. I told her, I'm not going to a doctor who responds so slowly to emergencies when they have been open and operating for days now. So much for that. But Wednesday, after explaining a new twist to the emergency my band doctor people said they could get me in this Monday. Good deal. Then I get a voicemail last night that they need to push it to next Wednesday..argh. I am living on vitamins and liquids. So I called this morning and the girl who left me a voicemail wasn't working. The girl who answered said the doctor is seeing patients Monday and doesn't know why that other girl called and told me that. !!!!!
Oh well, so Monday hopefully I can get at least 1cc out.
There's more going on, but if I tell you all now, you may not read my blog in the future!!
So stay tuned ;)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi girl, just wanted you to know you are a lapband ROCKSTAR! You inspire me. http://shesurecan.blogspot.com/

Alicia said...

Hi girl, wanted to tell you that you are a lapband ROCKSTAR!!!

Angelyco said...

That's ridiculous, unfills are usually deemed "emergency" from what I understand, any reasonable doctor should push back less important cases to squeeze you in. I know I wouldn't mind having my appt run late because someone else had an emergency.

Eckmama said...

I found your blog through your comment on "Because I Said So" (at least I think that's where I found you...haha! Maybe that means I read too many blogs!) several days ago so I already know what's going on ;) and have been checking back to see how you're doing. Hope you're feeling alright!
Cara