Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sick.. Doh!

Yesterday among my monthly group.. The Shrinkin' Violets.. We decided to CUT THE CRAP.. on Monday. Tuesday & Thursdays are typically CTCT.. but I felt Monday needed to be done. Several of us have been falling off the proverbial band wagon. I did good. Yay me. As soon as I got home from work, I smelled laundry in the air. This is important, because my dear husband thought this was my 'cause'. About 15 minutes later, once inside, my nose started itching and I went into a sneezing fit! Anytime I have sneezing fits, I think about my heart stopping. That's what they say.. that's why we say "Bless you!". Yea? I blew my nose. It still itched. I took a benadryl. Russell said, it must have been the laundry. Yeah honey, the smell of laundry messed up my nose. Benadryl knocked me out around 7pm, so I laid in bed and took a Zicam (which has taken grief about being a placebo.. but if it is, it still works for me!). Throat started aching. Oh dear. WAAAAAH. By this morning, I'm full blown sick. I just got over being sick not too long ago. The weather goes from high 70 degrees.. to ice & snow.. literally overnight. I guess it's messing with my head. But once in a zombie-state, I did have a strawberry ice, a dollup of whip cream, and a 90 calorie snack bag. I didn't want to eat any of that yesterday, just to prove I could do it. Yeah I showed me! But I was still low in calorie overall yesterday, so am still happy.

I have a friend who had the RnY a long time ago.. and she gained all her weight back. She decided to get back on the horse when I had my surgery. She said she was back down -63lb since I was banded. I'm not sure how that works, honestly. If the stomach is stretched back out, I guess she's just dieting. But I talked to her about my complacency, and today we are going to weigh ourselves and get back to racing! She told me to QUIT SKIPPING BREAKFAST. She said at the minimum I need 250c for b'fast to get my metabolism going. So I thought I'd do a yogurt and some cheerios. I forgot the cheerios, but I'm eating a 170 calorie yogurt. That'll have to do. Maybe some of this cold medicine stuff has calories in it.. tastes like cinnamon, so it should!

Cut the Crap Tuesday.. that's now! If you're reading this today, join us and make an effort to cut out the crap! :o)



And here is -99lbs down. My posture changed! Perhaps, this is the mighty key to why my back stopped hurting just a few months out. Now I'm just saggy. I'll take it! 60lbs(ish) to go. Hopefully, I'll tighten up.. pleeaseee?

1 comment:

Losing Jusme said...

OMG Laura. the difference is stunning.

such an amazing transformation!